I found another one of my favorite foods in miniature form. So of course I had to try it!
Mini Taco Salad Recipe (from Dashing Dish)
3 – 4 tortillas (or enough to cut out 12 small circles to fill muffin tin)
1 cup lean ground beef (or your favorite substitute)
1/2 cup salsa
2 tsp dry taco seasoning
1/2 cup refried beans
mexican blend cheese
Other toppings – sliced black olives, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, glass cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3-4 medium circles out of each wrap.
3. Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers. (Note: it doesn’t have to cover the entire side of the tin)
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ground meat, salsa, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Stir until well combined.
5. Scoop some of the meat mixture into each cup.
6. Top with shredded cheese, and olives if desired.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Cool. Remove from muffin tin using a fork or knife. Pizza’s should pop out with ease!
9. Serve with your favorite taco toppings.