On Sunday it was my boss’ birthday, so I decided I would bake something and bring it in today. I thought about cookies or cupcakes, but when I saw this recipe for honey beer bread, I knew it would be perfect!!! And to top it off, the recipe was extremely simple and I already had all the ingredients.
In terms of drinking, I don’t actually like beer. But when you bake it into bread or waffles (I’ll have to make these someday and post the recipe), I absolutely love it! The beer gives such a wonderful flavor and whatever you’re baking ends up so moist and delicious! Okay, I’ll stop gushing now.
Honey Beer Bread Recipe (Gimme Some Oven)
If you have a boyfriend like mine there’s always beer in the fridge, so you should have all these ingredients on hand.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar (heat honey for about 30 seconds to make it easy to stir)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 4 Tbsp. (half stick) butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed.
3. Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.