Tonight’s dinner was light, simple and delicious. Plus, we had a yummy and summery dessert!
Tortellini Soup Recipe
1 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 gloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregeno
1 – 15oz. can diced tomatoes, with juices
4 cups veggie or chicken broth
Tortellini (frozen or fresh)
3 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed
Salt and peppar
Grated Parmesan, for serving
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions to the pan and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
2. Add in the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Mix in the oregano and diced tomatoes.
4. Add the broth to the pot.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Add the tortellini to the pot and cook according to the package directions.
7. One minute before the tortellini is fully cooked, stir in the spinach.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm with grated
Rhubarb Cake Recipe (Courtesy of my Grandma Hangartner)
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 cups chopped rhubarb
1 box white or yellow cake mix
1 cup whipping cream
1 package strawberry jello
Cool Whip for topping
1. Pour sugar over the chopped rhubarb and set aside.
2. Prepare cake mix as directed and pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan, but do not cook.
3. Pour whipping cream and jello into rhubarb and stir.
4. Spoon the rhubarb mixture over the cake batter.
5. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
6. Let cook for at least 20 minutes and serve with Cool Whip.
*The rhubarb mixture starts on top, but mine sunk to the bottom. I don’t know if that was suppose to happen, but it looked and tasted delicious!