Tuesday’s dinner – one can of tuna, some shredded carrots, a little mayo and a little Grey Poupon. Grilled up on the George Foreman and it’s a basic tuna panini.
Tonight’s dinner was semi-homemade. A couple nights ago, I wanted strawberry shortcake so I bought a box of Jiffy Baking Mix (because I couldn’t find the Bisquick). On the back was a recipe for a chicken casserole with broccoli and I decided it sounded tasty.
1 cup Jiffy Baking Mix
1 1/2 cups pre-cook chopped chicken or 2 cans chunk chicken, drained
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
10 oz frozen chopped broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees; grease 2 quart casserole dish
2. Place chicken, broccoli and cheese in prepared casserole dish
3. Blend Baking Mix, milk, eggs, salt and pepper in a separate mixing bowl until blended
4. Pour into dish over chicken, broccoli and cheese
5. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out cleans. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.