It’s Friday and I’m ready to relax!
My lack of posts is partly due to the fact that I’ve been extra tired this week and partly because I only cooked dinner once! It was a busy week in our house, and there was only one night that made sense to have a sit down meal.
So for that night I made vegetarian lasagna roll ups. Like usual, my brother was skeptical. This time because there was no meat in the dish. But once again, I proved that my cooking and recipe choices are extremely tasty.
Vegetarian Lasagna Roll Up Recipe
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large bunch broccoli, stems removed, finely chopped
1 16 oz bag baby carrots, chopped
1 – 32 oz container ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
Salt to taste
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 – 24 oz jars tomato sauce
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. In large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté chopped broccoli and carrots until tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Place in large bowl and refrigerate until cool.
4. Cook noodles, drain and lay flat until cool.
5. Mix ricotta with garlic powder, oregano, basil and salt.
6. Add ricotta mixture, parmesan and mozzarella to bowl of broccoli and carrots; mix well with spoon.
7. Using a spatula, spread 1/2 cup filling onto length of each lasagna noodle, leaving 1/2 inch at each end so roll ups don’t overflow; roll each one tightly.
8. Spread half of tomato sauce on bottom of deep baking pan; place roll ups seam side down.
9. Cook for 45 minute.
10. Remove and top with remaining tomato sauce; cook for 15 more minutes.