Since I have a whole Easter brunch planned for tomorrow, I made my Easter cupcakes for dessert tonight.
1 1/2 cups all -purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cream
1/2 chocolate chips
3 oz dark chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon milk
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
3 small flake chocolate bars, crumbled (I used toasted coconut instead)
mini speckled Easter Eggs
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl
3. Beat the sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until pale and creamy
4. with mixer on low speed, add the mixed dry ingredients and cream
5. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, filling each one three quarters full
7. Bake for 20 -25 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch
8. Transfer to wire rack. Let cool completely before removing the cupcakes
1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring until smooth
2. Beat the vanilla and butter in a small bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until pale and creamy
3. Pour in the milk and cooled chocolate, beating until blended.
4. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, beating until blended.
5. Spread the buttercream on the cupcakes
1. If using the flaked chocolate… break the flaked chocolate bars into pieces and use to create nests on top of each cupcake.
2. If using toasted coconut… toast coconut in oven (but be careful to watch it – it will toast pretty quickly). Sprinkle on top of cupcakes
3. Placed speckled eggs in each nest.
6 oz simple syrup ( mix equal parts hot water and sugar; let cool)
6 oz brandy
6 oz rum (white or dark)
bottle of red wine
1 cup orange juice
Mix all ingredients, and ice plus your choice of seasonal fruits. I used orange slices and pineapple slices ( I bought a can and added the juice in too). Let it sit for a few hours in the fridge so all the flavors mix together!
We also dyed Easter Eggs tonight!