Crockpots are awesome and I need to use mine more. I didn’t have to rush around when I got home from work today. All I did was pop some rolls into the oven and 5 minutes later we were eating.
Crockpot Taco Chili Recipe (Originally from SkinnyTaste.com):
- 1 onion, chopped (I chopped it the night before and put it in the fridge)
- 1 16-oz can black beans
- 1 16-oz can kidney beans
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used ground venison)
- chili peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I didn’t use this)
Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream.
If you do use chicken – half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
OUTFIT OF THE DAY
Pink Watch: Target
Necklaces: India (gift from my dad)
Shoes (not shown): Grey motorcycle boots from DSW
-notice a theme 😉 I really like Target!-